Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Be a Google Chat wizard


Amaze your friends with your Google Chat skills:

1. Format your words by putting special punctuation around them:

     bold with *asterisks*
     italicize with _underscores_
     strikeout with -hyphens-





2. Use "/me" to describe yourself in the third person. For example,

     /me is a chat wizard.

     becomes

     Sarah is a chat wizard.





3. Change your default smiley style using the little smiley face in the bottom right corner of the chat input box.







4. Use hidden emoticons, like :(|) for monkey or +/'\ for bell (you can always use more cowbell).






5. Find all your previous chats in Gmail under the Chats label, or go off the record with... off the record.



6 comments:

  1. I don´t normally use chat that much, but it´s good to have this reference. I was wondering, though, what the difference is between writing the /me control vs. - actually - writing my name in a chat.

    I look forward to more blogs from you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @eduardo. try it, it looks different. The whole text becomes italic as well as some other font style.
    Where do I find that little vertical line on my keyboard? Want the monkey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ben bunu kullanıcam fakat çevremde nasıl arkadaş ekliyecem google dışında başka hesabı olan kişileri ekliyebiliyormuyuz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can take the advice of technical support team and install necessary software to keep away hacking attempts and ensure the safety and security of your account and confidential information.Gmail Support Number

    ReplyDelete